I recommend these services to expectant parents, who are looking to hire a person, that can give emotional, informational, physical and spiritual support during their pregnancy, labor, birth and immediate postpartum.
As a birth doula, I provide non-judgemental, evidence based support during pregnancy, labor, birth and postpartum:
- I provide you with information to be able to make decisions and goals for your labor and birth.
- I support your goals and decisions, even if they may change during labor.
- I arrange opportunity in between medical stuff and client to help the client receive information.
- I help to arise confidence in the birthing person during labor.
I provide prenatal visits, to prepare for labor and birth. I am on call for birth two weeks prior due date and guarantee a back up doula support. I give phone/text support once labor starts, but before we would meet as the labor progresses.
As a birth doula my services include, but not limited:
- Free interview via phone, facetime or in person
- 2 prenatal visits included in the price
- Education about pregnancy, labor, child birth and postpartum
- Lactation education
- Referrals to other care providers
- Guidance to healthy nutrition intake and lifestyle during pregnancy
- Teaching pain management, comfort measure techniques
- Providing massage or other soothing/pain relief techniques during labor
- Guidance building a birth plan/ birth preferences
- Educating the birthing partner how to support birthing person
- Taking birth notes
- Taking pictures/videos of the labor, birth and first touches
- Postpartum visit and follow up calls